You can change the settings on your online services account dashboard so that particular information — for example, current applications and unfinished business — displays when you log in. You can also alter your settings to follow the activity of companies you have authority for, or an interest in. And you can select whether you want to view our Help text.
Arranging your dashboard
Your account dashboard contains a number of applications to help you keep track of:
- tasks you must complete — My unfinished business
- the status of applications you've made to the Companies Office — My unfinished business
- all the companies you have authority for and their annual return filing month — My companies
- activities and updates by companies you've chosen to follow — My watchlist.
My unfinished business
Under My unfinished business you can see all tasks and applications that are outstanding or in progress.
Select My tasks to view activities to be completed by an authorised person. For example, you may need to file an annual return, upload a signed consent form or complete an application for incorporation.
Select a task from the list to be taken directly to our online process for completing that task.
Select My applications to check the progress of your applications to the Companies Office. For example, if you're registering a director, the appointment shows as Pending until we receive a signed consent form for that director.
Under My companies you can see the company name, company number, annual return filing month, registered office address and New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) for any companies that:
- you personally have authority over as a director or authorised person, or
- your organisation has authority for.
My watchlist allows you to receive alerts about activities by companies you've chosen to follow, for example, when they add a director, change their address or issue a public notice.
You can view these activities online, or receive daily, weekly or monthly email updates from us.
Select Manage entities to:
- add a new company to your watchlist — Add Entities
- choose which events you want to be notified about for that company, or
- remove a company from your watchlist.
How to change your dashboard settings
To change your dashboard settings, log in to your online services account and follow these steps.
- Select User settings, and the General settings tab.
- From the Default Companies Office Homepage drop-down menu, select either Dashboard, Company Search, File Annual Return or Incorporate Company.
- The Set default page view drop-down allows you to change how information is presented. Single page will present all information on one screen, while tabbed view separates information by topic.
- Under Display help, select Yes or No to see help text when you're adding or updating information, or using our business tools.
- Select Save.
How to update your personal user information
To update your personal user information, log in to your online services account and follow these steps.
- Select the Manage and maintain menu then Account settings.
- Under the Individual account section select Manage your user account details.
- From the Person details tab select Change.
- Now you can update details such as your name, addresses (email, physical and postal addresses) and phone numbers.
- Select Save changes.