- Find out how you can register your overseas company in New Zealand so you can do business here.
- How to register a company that's incorporated in another country as a NZ business.
One of the ways you can do business in New Zealand is to transfer your company's incorporation to this country.
- Large overseas companies or their large New Zealand business must file audited financial statements.
- NZ companies in Australia have 3 options for submitting their financial statements to ASIC.
- All companies on the Companies Register, including overseas companies, must file an annual return.
- All overseas companies must keep directors’ details up to date in the Overseas Register.
- You must keep addresses for your overseas company up to date.
- There are 3 steps to the online process for changing the name of an overseas company.
If your constitution changes or is revoked, you must let the Companies Office know.
- There are 3 steps you take when you remove the NZ business of an overseas company from the register.
Other help topics
Before you start a company
Starting a company
Keeping company details up to date
Once your company is registered with the Companies Office, nominate who will have authority to file your annual returns, and update your name, address, constitution, director and shareholder details.See all 13 guides for Keeping company details up to date