- Find out what you need to do to incorporate a New Zealand company and the information you need to gather.
- Follow these steps to reserve a company name on the Companies Register before you go on to incorporating your company.
You need to provide us with contact details for your company and keep them up to date.
- Get an IRD number, register as an employer and register for GST when you incorporate a new company.
- The steps to registering the appointment of a company director.
- The steps to follow when registering company shareholders
- How to manage your director and shareholder consent forms.
- Find out how companies issue and record share details.
- You can incorporate a company in New Zealand with or without a constitution.
- How to register a company that's incorporated in another country as a NZ business.
- Tell us if your company has an ultimate holding company (UHC).
Other help topics
Before you start a company
Keeping company details up to date
Once your company is registered with the Companies Office, nominate who will have authority to file your annual returns, and update your name, address, constitution, director and shareholder details.See all 13 guides for Keeping company details up to date