Whether your company is incorporated in Australia or another country, you must keep directors’ details including appointments, resignations or changes of address up to date in the Overseas Register. If your company is incorporated in Australia, you only need to update the details there.
If your company is incorporated in Australia
Companies incorporated with the Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC) only need to update directors' details with them. You don't need to update our Overseas Register as well.
The Australian Securities & Investments Commission (ASIC), and the New Zealand Companies Office exchange information electronically. If you update directors' details on the ASIC register, the New Zealand register is updated automatically.
If your company is incorporated in a country other than Australia
There is no charge to update the details of directors for an overseas company, but you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Register
- authority to act for your company.
Updating directors’ details online
Follow these steps.
- Log in and search for the company using the company name, company number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN).
- From the search results, select the company that has changed its directors’ details.
- Select the Directors tab.
- Update the details including their:
- full legal name
- residential address
- email address
- phone numbers — landline, mobile and fax numbers
- date of appointment.
You can also remove any directors that have left the company.
All help topics
Before you start a company
Starting a company
Keeping company details up to date
Once your company is registered with the Companies Office, nominate who will have authority to file your annual returns, and update your name, address, constitution, director and shareholder details.See all 14 guides for Keeping company details up to date