You must keep any addresses and contact details for an overseas company up to date in the Overseas Register. You can do this online and there is no charge.
Addresses you need to keep up to date
The following addresses must be current:
- addresses for communication
- the company’s place of business in New Zealand
- the full legal names and addresses of people in New Zealand who are authorised to accept documents or communications on behalf of the company.
Changes to address details for overseas companies appear immediately in the register.
Who can update address details
To update the address of an overseas company, you must have:
- a RealMe® login
- an online services account with the Companies Register
- authority to act for your company.
If your company is incorporated in Australia
Any address details, such as your principal place of business, must be updated using the online services in the Overseas Register.
Updating company address details online
Gather the full address details including the post code, then follow these steps.
- Search for the company using the company name, company number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN).
- From the search results, select the company that has changed its address.
- Select the Addresses tab and choose the Update details button — only people authorised to act for the company can see this button.
- Update the details.
- Select Submit.
All help topics
Before you start a company
Starting a company
Keeping company details up to date
Once your company is registered with the Companies Office, nominate who will have authority to file your annual returns, and update your name, address, constitution, director and shareholder details.See all 13 guides for Keeping company details up to date