Updating addresses of overseas companies

How to change your contact details

You must keep any addresses and contact details for an overseas company up to date in the Overseas Register. You can do this online and there is no charge.

Addresses you need to keep up to date

The following addresses must be current:

  • addresses for communication
  • the company’s place of business in New Zealand
  • the full legal names and addresses of people in New Zealand who are authorised to accept documents or communications on behalf of the company.

Changes to address details for overseas companies appear immediately in the register.

Who can update address details

To update the address of an overseas company, you must have:

  • a RealMe® login
  • an online services account with the Companies Register
  • authority to act for your company.

If your company is incorporated in Australia

Any address details, such as your principal place of business, must be updated using the online services in the Overseas Register.

Updating company address details online

Gather the full address details including the post code, then follow these steps. 

  1. Search for the company using the company name, company number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN).
  2. From the search results, select the company that has changed its address.
  3. Select the Addresses tab and choose the Update details button — only people authorised to act for the company can see this button.
  4. Update the details.
  5. Select Submit.
Update company addresses

All help topics

Before you start a company 5 guides

Get an overview of how companies are structured, find out about the company records you need to keep, and what's involved when you incorporate with and report to the Companies Office.

Shares and shareholders 7 guides

When you incorporate, you must provide details of all company shares and shareholders. As changes occur, you must update this information on your own share register and in your company's annual return.

Company directors 7 guides

Directors have responsibilities to their company and shareholders, and under the Companies Act 1993. You must register all your directors with the Companies Office and they must sign a consent form.​

Filing annual returns 8 guides

Find out about filing an annual return — the information you need to update, how to change your filing month or request a time extension — and what happens if you don't file your annual return by the due date.

Complying with the law 11 guides

Restoring a company to the register 4 guides

Only some companies can be reinstated to the Companies Register once they've been removed. Find out who can apply, what evidence to provide and if you should apply to the Registrar or the High Court.

Managing your online account 8 guides