Anyone can request a company extract for a company listed on the Companies Register.
What a company extract contains
A company extract is a summary of the current publicly-available details held about your company on the Companies Register, and includes your:
- company number and name
- current status, for example, whether your company is Registered, In liquidation or Removed
- company addresses
- director and shareholding details.
Request a company extract
You don't need a RealMe® login or Companies Register account to request a company extract.
Visit the Companies Register home page and follow these steps.
- In the Select company search field enter a company name, company number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and select Search.
- From the search results, select the company whose details you wish to download.
- Select Company Extract.
- When the Document Preview screen opens, select how you want to receive the extract.
- View document — open and print a PDF file, or save a copy to your computer.
- Email the company extract — select the check box, enter and confirm your email address to receive an electronic copy of the extract.
All help topics
Before you start a company
Starting a company
Keeping company details up to date
Once your company is registered with the Companies Office, nominate who will have authority to file your annual returns, and update your name, address, constitution, director and shareholder details.See all 13 guides for Keeping company details up to date