Our online services accept only some file types, and in most cases the files must have a combined size of less than 50MB.
On this page:
- Document file types you can upload (for example, for consent forms)
- Troubleshooting tips
- Getting further help
When uploading documents, you can only upload certain file types:
- Portable Document Format (PDF)
- Rich Text Format (RTF)
- Microsoft Word documents:
- version 1997 to 2003 — DOC
- version 2007 and newer — DOCX
- Corel Word Perfect (WPD)
If you need to confirm your Company Authority, you can upload any of the document types described above and also some image files, including:
- JPG, or
Many modern smartphones are already able to scan documents and save them as PDF files. Here are 2 options:
- Open the 'Notes' app and create a new note.
- Tap the Camera icon and select 'Scan Documents'.
- Scan the first page of the document, a bit like taking a photo.
- Choose 'Keep Scan' to accept the first page.
- You can add more pages to the scan or save if you're finished.
- When you choose to save, your PDF file will save as a new Note.
- Open the app and tap the '+' to create a new file.
- From the menu choose 'Scan'.
- Scan the document, a bit like taking a photo.
- Add more pages to the scan by selecting the '+' onscreen.
- When you choose to save, your PDF file will save to Google Drive.
You can reduce the file size of scanned documents by rescanning them with lower quality settings.
If you still have a problem, please get in touch with our contact centre.