We’ve introduced some changes to the annual return process and been piloting them with a group of customers over the past two months.
As part of these changes, customers were asked to provide optional additional information, which includes:
- Trading name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Website address
- Industry classification
Businesses have already started providing it to us as they see this as an opportunity to promote what they do. For example, by promoting their website address on the Companies Register.
To get an annual return extract, log in to your online services account, enter a company name, company number or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) and follow these steps.
- On the Company details screen select My tools.
- Select Annual return extract.
- When the Document Preview screen opens, select how you want to receive the extract.
- View document — open and print a PDF file, or save a copy to your computer.
- Email the annual return extract — select the check box, and enter and confirm your email address to receive an electronic copy of the extract.
Ask your customers to fill in the additional information and send the annual return extracts back to you. You can then complete the relevant fields as part of the annual return process.